Monday, November 28, 2011

Grandmother Mary's Persimmon Pudding

I finally came up with a vegan, Fat Free version of my Grandmother Mary's FAMOUS Persimmon Pudding!  I made half the recipe as  I only had a few ripe persimmons .  Feel free to double the recipe.

1 cup PERSIMMON PULP (make sure they are ripe)
1 cup OAT FLOUR (use a food processor or coffee grinder to make Old Fashion oats into flour)
3/4 cup SUGAR
1 EGG SUBSTITUTE (use EngerG egg Replacer-be sure to mix with water first)
1 tablespoon unsweetened applesauce
1/2 teaspoon SODA
1 cup OAT MILK
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Mix together and bake in a slow oven (300 degrees) for 2 hours
If making a double recipe bake for 2 1/2 to 3 hours

This is the closest thing to my Grandmothers Persimmon Pudding. She used white flour,  egg ,  butter and whole milk.  I promise you will not taste the difference. The secret is using oat flour which gives the same consistancy.

1 comment: